Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Doctor Appointment: Week 29

Went to the doctor today for my monthly checkup.  This was my last visit going monthly and now I will be going every 2 weeks.  I had a weight gain of 6lbs since my last visit.  She told me that my gain is right on target!  That's always good to hear, I would love to be able to get back into shape soon after Aubree comes.  I was measuring were I needed to be also.  Overall, the baby was perfect and had a had a heartbeat of 160bpm.  

As for me I didn't sleep well again last night.  I keep getting numbness and tingling again.  I thought it had passed because I hadn't had it in a few weeks.  My hips are starting to hurt too when I lay on them for longer than an hour.  So it's been really interfering with my sleep.  The nurse said I had mild swelling in my legs and feet.  Besides that everything is good with me too.  

The doctor spoke with me about getting induced since my due date is on Thanksgiving Day.  I told her that I didn't want to be induced unless it was medically necessary.  I don't really care that it's around a holiday.  She said that she couldn't let me go over a week past my due date, so if I haven't went into labor by Nov. 29 that will be my induction day.  She also said that she thinks I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions, but they are nothing to worry about.  She said when I can't walk or talk during the contraction, it's the real deal.  I was also told to make sure to do kick counts, which I have already been doing.  If the baby hasn't moved 10 times within 2 hours she told me to go the hospital.  Aubree seems to be getting on a schedule and it's been easy to count her movements so far.  I go for an Echo tomorrow.  I'm sure that everything will be fine with that too.  

I feel so thankful to God that our baby girl is healthy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment