Monday, September 17, 2012

Defeated Again!

Today I suffered another defeat.  But, first I must tell you what happen a month ago.  I know that the farther along you go in your pregnancy the less you will be able to use your abdominal muscles.  With that being said this is what happened.  I was on my way to a birthday party with my husband.  He was driving and I decided to adjust the back of the carseat....that was a mistake.  As soon as I hit the lever my husband accelerated on the gas.  As he did this I went flying backward, I was stuck flat on my back with no hope of getting up.  That is when I first discovered that my abs were no more.  As I laid there trying to get up without success all I could do was laugh at myself.  Eventually I was able to get back up with the help of my husband.  This was my first encounter with unusual accidents.

This brings us to present day.  I was getting some clothes out of the dresser in our bedroom.  Of course what I am looking for is in the lower drawers.  After I get out the shorts I needed I went to close the drawer back, but it was overstuffed.  I proceeded to tuck things in, as we all do, in hopes that it would close.  Let me remind you that I was in a squat while doing this.  As I shoved the drawer forward the momentum knocked me off balance.  The next thing I know I am a wobbling mess as I hit the floor, back first.  I just laid there for a moment realizing what happened.  I have literally been defeated by my dresser... 

No comments:

Post a Comment