Monday, September 10, 2012

Post-Baby Exercise

I have always been into working out.  Every since I was a little girl I have been in some type of sport growing up.  I must say that one of the hardest things about being pregnant is the lack of exercise.  For those that read this and exercise regular know exactly what I'm talking about.  It's almost addicting and if you don't do it then you feel bad.  My husband has been doing the Insanity workouts for about the last 6 weeks.  I must say I am jealous because I want to be doing them with him!  For me right now taking a 20 minute walk it exhausting.  So, I have decide that I'm going to give myself a post baby workout challenge!  

My plan is start workout again ASAP after Aubree comes.  I know that I have to wait 6 weeks after labor to be able to do this.  So, when I am able to go for walks again that will be my first step.  Then after the 6 weeks is up I am going to jump right into doing Bodyrock again.  I told you guys about this before.  I really think it had a huge impact on me getting pregnant and sorting out my hormone levels.  I will continue to do this for a month.  They offer monthly challenges and I will do one of those.  After that I am going to go all out and do the Insanity challenge.  It's around 60 days and will be perfect.  I'm sure that in between all this I will start running again.  It's something I have always like to do and is great for just clearing my mind.  

I'm going to record my progress as I go and those that want to follow along and give words of encouragement are more than welcome.  I'm going to take the last picture while pregnant and have that to show how much weight I have gain throughout the pregnancy.  Then I will take one after the baby comes.  I know many times your body will go down, but you still aren't in shape.  Then once I can start the Bodyrock challenge I will take a before and after.  The same will go for the Insanity Challenge.  I feel very confident that this will help me to get back to were I was before pregnancy.  I really hope to get support from everyone reading this.  I have already spoke with my husband and is on board to help me any way he can.  I can't wait to get this started!  

For those that want to follow my husbands progress with his Insanity challenge I will put a link below.  Also, I will link Bodyrock in case you want to start your challenge now!  ENJOY!  

http://thewayoftheartist.blogspot.com/ 

http://www.bodyrock.tv/


No comments:

Post a Comment